Write, Publish & Market Your Book to Build Your Business & Brand
20 Christmas Journal Prompts for Adults & Youth
Do you take the time to write down the different things that make Christmas unique and memorable for your family? If not, don’t let another year go by without capturing those memories. It’s not too late to start a special Christmas Memories Journal that you can add to every year. You will be amazed at how fun it will be to go back and read old entries each year. We keep ours with our Christmas decorations and set it out at the time of “Decking the Halls.” By doing this we are sure not to forget to write in it and we get excited to sit down as a family to enjoy and laugh at some very funny and some very loving moments that we have had in the past. As I get older I envision my grand kids enjoying the stories of their parent’s past Christmases. Sometimes starting out can be a bit difficult so we have provided you a 20 different journal prompts for adults and 20 different journal prompts for the youth. We from Elite Online Publishing Wish You All a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
20 Christmas Journal Prompts for Adults
- How do you and your family welcome the holidays? Anything special that you do to launch into the Holidays and New Years?
- What type of Advent traditions do you follow?
- Do you display a Nativity set? Do you participate or go watch a live nativity? Describe what your set is made of and how it looks.
- Do you have a favorite Christmas book(s)?
- Do you decorate more then one tree a year in your home? Maybe you decorate and donate a tree? Describe them.
- Do you use a fake or get a fresh tree each year? Do you chop it down yourselves or buy it from a tree lot or farm? Write about your experience.
- Do you have a Christmas dinner menu.
- Make a list of friends and family who came to visit over the holidays.
- Have you ever had a Christmas mishap? Write about what happened! (For example, my little brother at age 4 kept getting told he was getting ‘high heel Shoes and when he didn’t get them he was so sad!)
- Does your family put presents under the tree all month long, or do they all appear on Christmas Eve?
- Do you have any Christmas stocking traditions? (example, my handmade all of ours and I have done the same for my kids.
- Who is the first person to wake up on Christmas morning? What time does everyone wake Mom and Dad?
- Do all the kids sleep in the same room during Christmas Eve (like a giant party)?
- What are you most thankful for this Christmas?
- Do you have a tradition of what Santa gives?
- Are there any family traditions you keep from when you were younger?
- How do you encourage or bless those who are less fortunate than you are?
- Some people pick a new special ornament every year. Do you have an ornament collection or tradition?
- Do you go to church on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? Write about your favorite parts of the service.
- What was your most memorable childhood Christmas? Why?
The holiday season is a joyous time filled with love, laughter, and happy memories. It’s also a great opportunity for kids to get creative and have fun with some silly journal prompts so here are a few ideas to help them with their own journals.
20 Christmas Journal Prompts for the Youth…
- Pretend you are one of Santa’s workers. Write about how your day would go.
- How was your life different from last Christmas? How is it the same?
- Write your top 10 list of your favorite Christmas activities.
- If you can choose one gift that will be given to every child in the world. What gift would you choose? Why?
- What would you do if you were given a baby reindeer to raise. How would you take care of it and where would you put it.
- Write what your perfect Christmas Day would be like, give plenty of details.
- Do you have a favorite Christmas book or movie.
- If you were to come across Santa’s Christmas list what do you think would be on it? make sure you think what he might want.
- Who would you rather have as a friend: one of Santa’s elves or a snowman that magically came to life? How did you choose?
- What do you think Santa’s elves do on their day off? Do you think any get into trouble?
- Write and describe what your best Christmas would be like?
- How many Christmas gifts do you plan to give? What are they?
- If you were to create a new holiday tradition for your family what would it be.
- Would you rather be a kid or an adult at Christmastime? Explain why you chose what you did.
- Have you ever rode in a one-horse open sleigh? If so tell about it if not tell what you think it would be like.
- If you could get each person in your family any Christmas gift you want no matter the price, what would you get, for who and why?
- Write about the best Christmas present you have ever received. Why was it so special?
- You are in charge of planning Christmas dinner. Create a menu for your perfect Christmas meal.
- Have you ever been the Giver or Receiver for the 12 Days of Christmas? What was it like?
- Write what you think are Santa’s favorite cookies and why?
A great thing about these Journals posted today is that they come with a coupon so that you can save $5.00 on orders over $20.00. So go ahead, click on any of these Journal pics and fill your cart with memories!