Here are a few things to consider when creating an effective website. It’s not all about the design. Some of the ugliest websites can be the most effective. The important thing is to make your website user-friendly and leading. Here are a few key questions to ask yourself.
- Why would someone be visiting my website?
- Would they be researching companies in your industry to decide who to work with?
- Would they be researching your company in particular?
- Would they be following up on advertising where your website was listed?
- Does my website immediately answer the question that most people have in mind when they visit my site?
- Are links to the top three answers available and recognizable within seconds of a visitor scanning my website?
- Does my website facilitate peoples decision-making process?
- Is the website user-friendly and easy to navigate?
- Does the content lead you to the next option naturally?
- Are links to get answers and purchase easily accessible?
If your website can answer the questions people are asking you will have a higher conversion rate. Simplicity helps turn people who are just looking into people who want to work with you. Keep it clean, simple and direct. Lead people to the answer that your product or service is just right for them!