Write, Publish & Market Your Book to Build Your Business & Brand
The process of writing a book can teach you a great deal about entrepreneurialism, from consistency to marketing. You can expedite things by hiring a ghostwriter or speaking into a voice recorder and recruiting a transcriber. However, the classic journey that requires you to take the responsibility of crafting and typing each word can impart greater returns in the form of lessons learned and habits formed. Read more
In this week’s edition of how to create a bestseller we will focus on how to get your book to number one and what that provides!
Promoting to number one takes the right strategy and focussed promotion.
- Self-Publishing Sucess!
- Promote! Promote! Promote!
- Get Reviewed!
- Have a Party!
This week’s edition of how to create a bestseller focusses on the professional services you may want to employ when taking on writing and publishing a bestseller.
There are a few questions to ask yourself when you begin the process of writing a book aside from your purpose and target market. As we said last week, your purpose for writing the book directs your content and promotion. Your purpose along with certain other factors will help you determine what professional services you will need to employ.
- How much time do you have?
- What skills do you have in writing?
- How professional and polished do you want to appear?
This week starts a series about how to create a Bestseller! Stay tuned for the next few weeks as we share the fundamentals and keys to successful self-publishing! Years of success in helping others get their message out and climb the charts to number one has taught us several secrets. In choosing the best method of publishing and what professional assistance you’ll need there are several factors to consider.
- Your target audience
- Your goal or purpose behind writing a book
- Are you wanting to share a story to make a difference?
- Are you wanting to establish credibility or become an authority in your field?
- Are you writing in order to draw attention to and increase revenue in your business?
- Maybe you’re focused on all of these!
- How much time you have to devote to the project
When you consider writing a book here a few opportunities beyond book sales. Books open doors to so much more.
A book can take a consulting or coaching business to the next level-
Several of our clients at Elite Online Publishing are coaches or consultants. Once you reach a certain level of success — enough to afford us — a book helps propel them to the next level. A book can take you from having a few clients to building an actual business.
Daniel Hall is just like you. Until he accidentally learned about cruise ship enrichment programs he had no idea that you could cruise free by giving onboard presentations or leading activities.
Fortunately, he learned the secrets of being approved by the cruise lines to cruise free. In fact, he was taking so many free cruises that friends and colleagues began to ask how he was able to do it. Because he was spending so much time explaining the process he finally decided to write it down. Eventually, that effort would become the critically acclaimed program “Speak on Cruise Ships”
In addition to cruise speaking, Daniel has a wide array of interests, talents, and achievements. For example, he holds degrees and licenses in both law and nursing, having graduated from Texas Tech University, School of Law and the University of Texas at El Paso, College of Nursing.
Currently, Daniel earns his living as a marketing consultant, copywriting, speaking and running multiple online businesses which include:
Marketing of You Mentorship Program – Try Daniel’s Program for a Limited Time FREE – http://www.marketingofyou.com
Learn more about Daniel by clicking on any of the links below:
Access the PODCAST NOW on Apple Podcast
Access the PODCAST NOW on Apple Podcast
by Jeff Pinkerton – October 19, 2016
It really got my attention when I read the statistic that 81% of adult Americans, at one time or another, have a desire to write a book. That number seems extremely high, doesn’t it? But then I started reflecting on how many times I’ve heard someone say, “I should write a book on this or that”. My guess is, at some time or another, you’ve probably had a similar thought. Maybe as you are reading this that thought is crossing your mind?
As one who has been through the process, I urge you to take action on that little voice that keeps nudging you towards writing “that” book. Whether it’s a book built around a “how to”, a cookbook, a novel, a biography, on travel, etc., there is a reason you hear that little voice. To me, the sad part is we leave too many books in the “to be written” category in our minds.
I’ve found there are ten great reasons you need to write “that” book.
- 1. It can crystalize your thinking. Engaging in the writing process will cause you to crystalize and clarify your thoughts. I think you’ll be amazed at how fragmented thoughts in your mind can be crafted into a work of art.
- 2. It can establish your platform. The quickest way to establish your platform is to write a book. A book gives you instant credibility to share your stories, experiences, beliefs and philosophy.
- 3. It will help someone else. If your book will help one person, it’s worth the effort. It’s been my observation that helping one person leads to helping others.
- 4. It can expand your influence. A book gives you the opportunity to expand your message far beyond the paths you walk every day.
- 5.It will hone your verbal skills. Bringing clarity to your thoughts in a book will help you verbally communicate more effectively in all areas of your life.
- 6. It might have income potential. For most of us, writing a book won’t result in a lot of income, but who knows, until you test the waters? You may well pen the next best seller.
- 7. It’s a great resume addition. Adding that you authored a book to your resume often puts you in a class by yourself.
- 8. It’s not as hard or expensive as you think. We live in a time when book publishing couldn’t be easier. Self-publishing companies have created an easy and affordable way to publish your book.
- 9. You’ll learn a lot. You’ll be amazed at the knowledge and education you’ll gain through the book writing experience.
- 10. You’ll leave a message for those that follow. One of the greatest gifts, and maybe one of the most important that you can leave your family and those who follow you, is by memorializing your words and thoughts into a book. Words in a book will last far beyond your time on this earth.
I truly believe inside every one of us is a story to be told. If you feel that story needs to be told in a book, write it. What you may think of as only “common knowledge” will become “uncommon wisdom” when shared in a book.
As always, if I can help you in any way, let me know. – JeffPinkerton.com
Get Common Sense to Uncommon Wealth, 10 Simple Steps to Building Wealth