Write, Publish & Market Your Book to Build Your Business & Brand
Book Writing Retreat Waterfall Adventure – Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
During your Book Writing Retreat you will experience many Adventures! One is the Amazing WATERFALLS!
What You’ll Do
- Walk an interpretative hiking trail exploring one-of-a-kind wildlife of the tropical forests
- Discover the fascinating Damajagua Waterfalls, carved in the limestone
- Dive into refreshing crystal-clear water
- Somersault down natural waterslides
- Plunge into a natural swimming pool
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch
- Visit a local market to purchase one-off souvenirs
- Learn about the legends of the Taino aborigines
What to Expect
Choose from 7, 12 or 27 refreshing waterfalls that have been chiseled by Mother Nature’s celestial mallet. Ideal for visitors who like to commune with nature, while experiencing an adrenaline-fueled day, you will hop on the back of a safari-style truck, where a team of experienced guides and drivers await.
After a short safety briefing, glide across the natural water springs, bathing in heavenly caves. Flanked by the whistling of exotic birdlife, and the banks of the Damajagua River, the rustling of the streams arouse a state of stillness.
A labyrinth of tunnels and chutes are scattered around the waterfalls, some reaching heights of up to 13 feet. Somersault with the grace of aquatic birds, as your guide keep a watchful eye.
Walk an interpretative rainforest trail to come face-to-face with Mother Earth, and wildlife waits to be greeted. Leap headfirst, swimming crossways, and sliding down natural waterslides. Explore unpredictable falls, with teasing names like “La Virgen” and “La Tinajita.”
“La Virgen” holds Taino legends, where the aborigines built a statue of pebbles that paid homage to the Virgin of Altagracia, perhaps becoming the first worshippers of the Patron Saint of the Dominican people.
- Entrance to the National Park
- Water and soft drinks
- Equipment and instruction
What to Remember
• Not recommended for guests with heart condition, reduced mobility, disabled, or pregnant women