Write, Publish & Market Your Book to Build Your Business & Brand
Melanie Johnson and Jenn Foster, owners of Elite Online Publishing, interview Kelly Glover to learn how to get booked on a podcast. Make sure you’re putting your time and resources into the right places to captivate and inspire your audience.
Click here for access to all of Elite Expert Insider podcasts.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- How to understand your beginning steps to getting booked on a podcast
- How to craft your hooks
- Reaching out to people in a way that will get you on a podcast
- Approaching Podcast hosts
- Utilizing a personal brand and having a congruent message
- Pitching yourself:
- What is in it for the audience?
- How can I show the host that their audience will learn from me and benefit them?
- Showcase yourself as the expert— coming to the Podcast as an offer instead of asking to be a guest
- Gathering and proving your credibility markets and prove your expertise
- Speaking in an engaging and interesting way
- Learn what Podcast you should pitch yourself to
- Understand how your brand is being represented in the media marketplace
“Podcasting is reaching people for an extended period of time, and you couldn’t get that access normally…it’s an expedition of the know, like, and trust factor.” (2:28)
“Goals of ‘I want to be on a podcast because I want to reach expert status, get that authority, credibility, reputation, get known influence,’ etc. Those come at about step five or six. You have to go all the way back to the beginning and think, who am I talking to, and what do I want them to do as a result of listening to me on the show?” (3:51)
“Practice in private before you go public” (12:35)
“People will say, ‘done is better than perfect,’ and that is true in a lot of cases, but when it comes to pitching the media for earned media, it’s not the case. You have one chance, and that’s it. If you blow it, you’re not getting that booking, and your personal brand is damaged.” (8:06)
About Kelly Glover:
Kelly Glover books podcast tours for entrepreneurs so they can build brand equity. As the founder of The Talent Squad, Kelly is driven by the core belief that your personal brand is your most valuable asset. Kelly is a natural energizer obsessed with booking podcast interviews for her clients enabling them to deliver incredible value to audiences, build relationships with hosts, and increase credibility, authority, visibility, and influence. In 2007 Kelly released her first podcast but it wasn’t until 2014 that she finally made the transition from commercial radio host to podcast guest booking agent. Then in 2017, Kelly was faced with a “Jerry Maguire Moment”, and with just a single client and one team member launched her podcast guest booking agency, The Talent Squad. Kelly splits her time between Los Angeles, New York, and Sydney.
Leave a Rating & Review:
If you found value from this podcast, please support us by leaving a rating and review on iTunes! Each review is read personally, and we would love your feedback! Thank you in advance.
Click here to view the podcast! Click “Listen on Apple Podcasts,” then “ratings and reviews,” and you will see the button to “write a review.”
Video URL: https://youtu.be/oMnnkyn0nNU