Melanie Johnson and Jenn Foster interview expert Samantha Hartley about increasing your income by changing your sales strategy. Learn how to value your services and exchange them for the money that they are worth.
Click here for access to all of Elite Expert Insider podcasts.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Learn how to prioritize your work, and what you need to do to take care of the talent in the business, which is you so that you get the best work.
- How to build a profitable and joyful consulting business.
- Get Clients:
- Keep in mind what your network is and stay connected with your employer.
- Market not to your friends and family, but through them.
- Create a network and get your language out there.
- How to know what to charge for your services: Ask questions to determine the value of your service.
- What’s the problem?
- How much is that problem costing you?
- What would you be able to do if this problem was solved?
- What would the value of that be?
- What’s the transformation that you’re looking for?
- Set up relationships with the companies you work for so that you’re working toward transformation. When you work with your clients to set up these transformational plans, you have a very different relationship with them. You’re a partner in the transformation to company and you’re talking in transformational numbers.
- Learn how to channel your inner divine.
- Make sure you are paying yourself what your service is worth.
- Have the confidence to make a bold promise, and then put a bold price on it! After you might have that yikes moment, but that yikes is you expanding to meet the challenge. You can do it; you can believe in yourself.
- There is nothing more appealing to clients than confidence.
“I’ve decided that I can work with anyone I want to and I want to lift up women. There’s people lifting up everybody else, so I’m going to lift up women in my business.” (5:00)
“You’re not selling yourself. You are invaluable. You’re priceless. What you’re selling as a service. ” (9:57)
“Realize that you can trust yourself; you can can trust the universe to come through for you and to be there for you.” (18:20)
Before she started Enlightened Marketing where she helps women consultants double their businesses, she worked in international marketing for The Coca-Cola Company in Russia and later led Strategic Channel Marketing for Asia from Coke headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
When she’s not working, she’s in deep spiritual discussions with her husband and their friends or enjoying the beaches and trails with her dogs.
Samantha graduated from Sarah Lawrence College and studied theatre and Russian language in Leningrad and Moscow. She speaks fluent Russian and bad French, Spanish and sign language, and was classically trained in French cuisine and patisserie at the Ritz-Escoffier Ecole de Gastronomie in Paris, France. But she still burns toast and pine nuts.
Leave a Rating & Review:
If you found value from this podcast, please support us by leaving a rating and review on iTunes! Each review is read personally and we would love your feedback! Thank you in advance.
Click here to view the podcast! Click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”, then “ratings and reviews” and you will see the button to “write a review“.