Write, Publish & Market Your Book to Build Your Business & Brand
Melanie Johnson and Jenn Foster review tips from expert John Mackey, during SellerCon 2019, about growing a successful business and aligning your values and passions. Let’s take a deeper look into business and capitalism.
Click here for access to all of Elite Expert Insider podcasts.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Even the founder of Whole Foods went ups and downs, to a point where he thought he would lose his whole business. So, never give up even if things seem bad!
- You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. When you’re speaking on stage, it should be the content from your book, it could even just be the exact layout of your book with the different points, or the first three chapters or whatever it is to get it across. Use your book as a call to action at the end of your talk!
- Pick the product or the platform that you’re the most passionate about and that you get the biggest return on investment for and that’s what you need to be writing about.
- Everyone should get value through the whole process and grow and feel good about and feel appreciated. Look at your business, and everyone that you touch should be able to feel your culture and get value from it.
- Because of capitalism, we are ending poverty on Earth.
- Come up with your core values, and the societal mission for your company. So, what are the core values? What is your mission for society? Then, that needs to spread out to everything that you do.
“Your book is your talk, and your talk is your book.” (2:25)
“Alighn yourself with a cause that’s bigger than you.” (8:34)
“When you do give, you receive back. What goes around comes around. So, when you have that good karma it just expand your business. ” (10:06)
About John Mackey:
John Mackey, co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, has led the natural and organic grocer to a $13 billion Fortune 500 company. With more than 370 stores and 80,000 Team Members in three countries, the company has been named by Fortune magazine as a “Best Company to Work For” for 16 consecutive years and the Number One Most Admired Food and Drug Store Company in the World in 2012.
While devoting his career helping shoppers satisfy their lifestyle needs with quality natural and organic foods, Mackey has also focused on building a more conscious way of doing business. He was the visionary for the Whole Planet Foundation to help end poverty in developing nations, the Local Producer Loan Program to help local food producers expand their businesses, The Global Animal Partnership’s rating scale for humane farm animal treatment and the Health Starts Here initiative to promote health and wellness.
A strong believer in free-market principles, Mackey co-founded the Conscious Capitalism Movement (https://consciouscapitalism.org/) and co-authored a New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling book entitled Conscious Capitalism, Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business to boldly defend and re-imagine capitalism, and encourage a way of doing business that is grounded in ethical consciousness.
Leave a Rating & Review:
If you found value from this podcast, please support us by leaving a rating and review on iTunes! Each review is read personally and we would love your feedback! Thank you in advance.
Click here to view the podcast! Click “Listen on Apple Podcasts”, then “ratings and reviews” and you will see the button to “write a review“.
Learn more: https://www.consciouscapitalism.org
Video URL: https://youtu.be/HKWc1kYN61Y