What is an NFT? – Non Fungible Token
A one of a kind digital asset that belongs to you and you only. NFTs can include artwork and music, as well as videos and even tweets.
Why Are NFT’s important?
You can think of NFT’s as being kind of like certificates of authenticity for digital artifacts. They’re currently being used to sell a huge range of virtual collectibles, including:
- NBA virtual trading cards
- Music and video clips
- Video art
- Virtual real estate
What does “non-fungible” mean?
“Fungibility” refers to goods or assets that are all the same and can be swapped interchangeably. Take the dollar bill for example, every dollar is worth exactly one dollar. NFT’s however, are all completely unique. So they aren’t directly exchangeable. A good example of non-fungibility is a concert ticket. Even if every ticket is the same price, each represents a specific seat and specific dates. No other ticket will have those same characteristics.
What is Discord?
“Discord is a free voice, video, and text chat app that is used by millions of people. It is popular among games and right now almost all Crypto-related communities are engaging in discord.”
People use Discord daily to talk about many things, ranging from art projects and family trips to homework and mental health support. It’s most widely used by small and active groups of people who talk regularly.
The vast majority of servers are private, invite-only spaces for groups of friends and communities to stay in touch and spend time together. There are also larger, more open communities, generally centered around specific topics such as popular games like Minecraft and Fortnite. All conversations are opt-in, so people have total control over who they interact with and what their experience on Discord is.
What is a Whitelist?
Picture a VIP line at a party. A whitelist could be considered a “pass” or access to said VIP line. Most have heard the term “Blacklist” before, Whitelist is just the opposite, instead of being denied access or blocked from certain things, you are granted access by the owner of whatever you are whitelisted for. Here are a few more uses and definitions of a whitelist:
- In the NFT world, whitelisting typically means that a crypto wallet address, is pre-approved for minting of NFTs on specified dates/times.
- Whitelisting allows NFT projects to reward early supporters with guaranteed slots for them to mint an NFT.
- Whitelisting also allows supporters to avoid “gas wars”, which is when multiple people try to mint NFTs at the same time, driving up transaction prices. The pre-approved users on the whitelist are able to spread out their mints in such a way that they are not all transacting at the same time, hence avoiding a sudden spike in transaction prices.
- To get whitelisted for a project, you usually need to join a project’s Discord group to learn the criteria for getting whitelisted.
The 10 Best NFT Marketplaces According To Business 2 Community Website:
- Crypto.com – Said to be the overall best NFT marketplace.
- Binance – A low-fee NFT trading platform.
- OpenSea – An NFT marketplace with a huge asset selection.
- Nifty Gateway – The best NFT platform for rare drops.
- GameStop – NFT platform for blockchain gaming.
- DraftKings – A popular NFT marketplace for sports collectibles.
- Rarible – The leading NFT art marketplace.
- WAX – NFT marketplace that is widely used and has over 140,000 assets.
- Foundation – NFT marketplace for exclusive art.
- Mintable – The best NFT marketplace for beginners.