Write, Publish & Market Your Book to Build Your Business & Brand
You may be wondering what you would even write, how would you publish the book, and would anyone want to read it? It’s the first step that’s the hardest, the scariest, but it is the most rewarding experience you’ll have.
2020 Is Your Year to Write A Book
You Can Do It!
People have a tendency to think writing books is for people who are simply “more” than they are. That’s just your insecurities and self-doubt talking. In fact, you’d be surprised at the amount of people waiting to hear what you have to say, people who are needing YOUR story and YOUR advice. If you think you don’t have the content for a book, look at your emails, social media posts, journal entries, essays and more! You likely have plenty of content that you can repurpose into a book. All you need is to outline your ideas and get started!
No one has ever reached the very top and then written a book. They write the book to help them get to the top.
How To Write A Book
With COVID-19 and most of us stuck at home, now is the perfect time to start writing your book. Here’s the quick-and-dirty for how you do it!
- Set up your goal. This will help to keep you going. What is your purpose for publishing? Is it to share your knowledge? Grow your number of clients? Get speaking gigs?
- Put together a writing plan. Set up everything you need to get this done: a writing space, routine, time. This is especially important if this is your first book and you’re not already used to writing every day.
- Brainstorm and outline. Even if you’re more of a freestyle writer, having a rough outline will help you stay on track and ensure your book flows coherently.
- Write. Many of us have a habit of editing before we finish writing. Stop! Turn everything off and just write. Don’t worry about what you just wrote until it’s done.
- Take a break. This break is important, don’t skip it. It not only allows your eyes to rest so you can come back to your book with fresh thoughts, but it helps you shift from writing mode over to editing mode.
- Edit. Stephen King once said that most of writing is rewriting, and that’s true. Whether you’re self-editing or working with an editor. You’ll find that there are areas that need to be improved before publication.
Publishing Your Book
With the right marketing plan, your book can make a huge impact. With the right outline and tools, your book can help you generate leads and build your mailing list. But not if you never hit publish. Don’t go into 2021 thinking “man, yet another year gone by that I didn’t publish my book.”
Here at Elite Online Publishing we guide you through every step of the publication process. We have editors, ghostwriters, and an excellent marketing team at our disposal. We are here 100% dedicated to YOU and your success! Contact us today to set up a consultation. 2020 Is your year to publish!